Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the Teacher

Putting myself out there into the blogging world today at the BlogHoppin link party.


Tell us a little something about you...

I just started my sixth year teaching kindergarten. I love my children(students)...since I don't have any of my own yet. I have taught at the same school and it has been really cool to see my first kindergarten babies grow up into big fifth graders!

My husband and I (check out the awesome picture on my sidebar that one of my kids drew when I got engaged a few years ago) spend most of our free time with my two doggies.
 This is Max the 90lb Rottie.

And then there's Sophie the......well.....dog from the land of misfit dogs. She's truly a mutt with boxer, greyhound, pit..and who knows what else. She may be a little funny looking but she is a cuddler. In fact she is sitting by my side right now as a type this. 

You might not know...
As much as everyone around me thinks that since I've been married for a year that it's time for babies...we are both quite happy with just the dogs for now.

What are you looking forward to the most this school year?
My new administration. It was time for some change and I'm really happy about it.

What do you need to improve?
I really want to improve my use of centers. My county recommends only a 20 min time slot for centers, but I'm trying to fit in an extra 20 into the rotation.

I'm also incorporating math journals (which I start tomorrow). The concept fits in with some of the trainings I have done in math and math is something I am extremely passionate about.

What teacher supplies can you not live without?
I love my hot glue gun! I teach in an open space pod that they divide up with large magnetic walls with no bulletin board space and so this is the only thing that keeps up the papers and borders on the wall.

I also love the Dollar Tree. I seriously have to limit myself when I go in there to one baskets worth of stuff.


I'm hoping to try and jump in more to the blogging world. I want to figure out how to upload documents so I can share with everyone.

Oh and one more doggie picture because I love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment